- About Our Libraries
- Library Policies
- Meeting Room Policy
Meeting Room Policy
Agreement for Use of Public Meeting Room
The meeting rooms of the Elko County Library and its branch libraries (where applicable) are available for use by legal profit or non-profit groups or organizations.
- Legal activities may be conducted in the meeting room by these groups or organizations.
- Any activity in the meeting room which is not an official library function shall be managed by the organization or group using the room.
- All meetings of non-profit groups must be announced and advertised locally as open to the public.
- Keys to the library meeting room are to remain in the possession of the library and/or staff at all times.
- The library will not be responsible for lost, stolen or damaged exhibits or other property. Exhibitors will be required to sign a waiver of responsibility prior to setting up an exhibit.
- Granting permission to use the library facilities does not constitute an endorsement by the library staff or trustees of the users or their beliefs.
- The library reserves the right to determine that the use of the room may be only during regular scheduled library hours. The room must be vacated 15 minutes prior to closing.
- Reservations will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis when the room is not being used by the library. The library reserves the right to use the meeting room for library purposes such as programs or board meetings at any time. There will be no regular scheduled meetings. All requests for the use of the room must be made to Circulation Supervisor, Library Director, or Reference Librarian no more than 60 days in advance.
- Approval for use of the meeting room must be obtained by signing the library's agreements concerning the use of the room.
Fees for Use
- $10 per hour
- Prepayment is required
A fee waiver application may be requested for charitable or non-profit groups. Non-profit organizations must be able to produce evidence of their non-profit status.
All groups who request the use of satellite television must pay the $25 setup fee (where available).